Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Time is sprinting faster away from us the older we get


We had dinner with my mother-in-law yesterday and she said something quite interesting: she felt that the years go by so fast once you've hit age 50. 

Well, time is subjective and it does travel faster the older you are, and so by the time we are in our 50s, I can imagine time sprinting away before we can catch up with it. 

2016 sure passed by very fast for me and it's a new year now and this too will be gone in no time. 

This reminds me of one of my favourite books which I should read again, Time Warped, Unlocking the Mysteries of Time Perception by Claudia Hammond. 

As summarized by brainpickings.org, "As we grow older, we tend to feel like the previous decade elapsed more rapidly, while the earlier decades of our lives seem to have lasted longer."

When time actually feels faster as we grow older, it is then more important for us to spend it wisely and treasure the moments we have with our loved one. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment