Monday, January 02, 2017

My projects for 2017


I gave up on making resolutions years ago, since I don't keep any of them for long. And what my hubby told me is so true: if you want to do it anyway, you won't need any resolutions, and if you do not want to do it, making a million resolutions won't help. 

But at the start of the new year, I do think about what projects I would like to start and see if I will form a new habit or learn something new as a result. 

I started on three projects last year, to get back to cooking meals for the family, to start knitting and to take weekly sermon sketchnotes. I only somewhat succeeded in one, that is I am cooking more now but still not enough. I gave up on the other two, with no regrets. I soon found out they are not the things I really wanted to do anyway. 

I haven't really mulled over what I would like to do in 2017 yet but I have three things in mind. 

It goes without saying that reading is on top of the list. With the amount of ebooks I have been buying from Amazon, I have loads to read. 

I have also signed up to join a choral group that majors on sacred music. This will be a challenge for me because there will a lot of homework and learning of scores before appearing for their weekly practice sessions. 

One more thing I would like to do is to learn a new language. I am not sure though if this will materialize. I have always wanted to learn a new language but it will be tough when I do not have anyone to speak the language with. I also have been trying all my life to improve my Mandarin to no avail. Maybe I should try it again this year - in small ways at least. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment