Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Thinking, thinking, thinking

Intellection is one of the 34 strengths in the Gallup StrengthsFinder and it is my Number Two strength.

With this strength, I like to think. I like mental activity. And I need time to think and then to write, which is why blogging works for me and Twitter don't; neither does Facebook.

However, in keeping a daily blog, I need time to think and when I have a busy day like today, I don't have much to write about.

It is hard to find time to think recently. Coming back to an operational HR function, I find that my time is filled with tasks after tasks to fulfil, thus less time to think. But with the intellection strength as my Number Two, it is a need to find time to think and I must always remind myself of that need.

The only time that can happen is late into the night, though at times I am so tired I will simply doze off before I can think a thought.

The other interesting thing about this intellection is that this mental activity can lack focus - it does not dictate what to think about; it is simply the fact that I like to think.

This then brings me to the times when I sit myself down and start to think of what to blog about, I think back to the hours before to pick up one significant event or idea or anything at all. But if that day consists of routine work, I'll have absolutely nothing.

How about this, I have thought and wrote about having nothing to think and write about.

It is still thinking.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment