Monday, June 16, 2014

A Month of Personality Theories

I had a very interesting conversation with a trainer called Bart, introduced by someone I know, who told me that I will enjoy the company and the discussion. He was right.

We spent a whole one and a half hours talking about stuff including something that interest but eludes me - transactional analysis.

I was introduced to both Eric Berne's and Thomas A. Harris's books back in 2009, but I never got to finish reading any of them because I found them quite tough to read -- they could not hold my attention long enough. I keep getting lost in them.

According to Bart, I shouldn't worry about the books. He gave me a summary of what Eric Berne's Games People Play is about, with a simple explanation of the egos played by people in transactional analysis -- parent, adult and child -- and the main three characters in games people play -- prosecutor, rescuer and victim. It is simple enough to understand but I certainly look forward to hearing and knowing more.

Starting with Gallup StrengthsFinder, moving into checking up on manipulators and now Transactional Analysis, it is certainly the Month of Personality Theories for me.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment