Monday, June 02, 2014

Gallup Strengths Accelerated Coaching Program Day 1 / Catching Up #2

I begin my day one of the Gallup Strengths Accelerated Coaching Program that I signed up for and it was really very, very fascinating.

It all started when I learnt about it about 2 months ago, and took the assessment a week later.

I remember not quite agreeing with my results but I had my doubts all quelled today. I began to understand what my five strengths in Connectedness, Intellection, Input, Learner and Empathy are, and more importantly, how they all inter-connect and how they can play out in support of each other to fully realize my being and how I can play it out powerfully to bring me success in what I do, which in itself is amazing, because I rarely talk about my success. I still don't, but I allow it myself this one time.

I also begin to understand why the themes I thought were my strengths are not really mine to have because I now understand better the definition and nuance of each. For example, I thought I should have Harmony, which is way down in my sequence. I now agree when I understand that Harmony is a talent that one use to be a peacemaker. A person with this strength may actively pursue conflict to dispel it. I on the other hand, would rather run away from it if I can!

I am now more convinced of the power of this tool in its ability to unleash to some degree a self awareness that I may not have discovered about myself. You will be able to find out what you are and on top of it, be comfortable with what you are not.

I am certainly looking forward for more learning in the next few days.

On Catching Up #2, I met up with Chia Lee for dinner in The Botanical Gardens. I met her exactly two years ago when I was working in a project in Hanoi. I was attending a Sunday service in a church when she approached me and we had coffee and lunch together. We had a great conversation today as I discovered her deep involvement with people with mental health needs. I am so amazed with her advocacy for a more wholesome life for them and her propensity to give and love in such a holistic and deep manner. I truly thank God for her and I pray for God to continually use her and reveal to her His plan in the gospel and love for the people in the world. I also remember the two person that she is actively engaged with at the moment in providing care and assistance. The Lord is good and His grace is so amazing and so great that He will be with those who seek Him.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment