Friday, January 14, 2011

Comfort ye, my people

I have a set of classic choral CDs and I fell in love with this song sung by a brilliant tenor - comfort ye, comfort ye, my people, saith your God - such lovely and comforting words. And it was wonderful to hear the tenor singing in tandem with the violins that are almost echoing his very words.

I checked out the song online to find that it is a portion of none other than Handel's Messiah.

I found a comparable video here. Enjoy!


Comfort ye, comfort ye, my people, saith your God.
Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned.
The voice of him that crieth the wilderness, "Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert, a highway for our God."

Ev'ry valley shall be exalted, ev'ry mountain and hill made low,the crooked straight and the rough places plain.


pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment