Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Big Bang Theory and Personality Types

I fell sick today and ended up staying at home watching episodes of The Big Bang Theory. It was hilarious!

The sitcom is about two Caltech geniuses, one an applied physicist (Leonard Hofstadler) and the other a theoretical physicist (Sheldon Cooper) who live across the hall from an attractive blond waitress and aspiring actress (Penny). There is also their two other work colleagues who are good friends, an aerospace engineer (Howard Wolowitz) and a particle astrophysicist (Rajesh Koothrappali).


And this is my absolute favourite line from the 6th episode: Penny had invited them to a Halloween party and they all ended up in Flash Gordon costumes. They were discussing what they should do and Raj suggested, "We could walk right behind each other all night and look like one person going really fast." Absolutely priceless!

The characters are really interesting and I tried typing them using the 16 personality types. Here is my take, If you watch it and if you are into personality types, let me know your thoughts.


From left: Howard ESTP, Leonard INFP, Penny ESFP, Sheldon INTJ and Raj ISFP.

pearlie
Photos: Screenshots of the 6th episode and opening sequence of The Big Bang Theory, showing the main characters.

1 comment:

  1. My son and I love this show! I joke with him that these are going to be his people. Yep my son is a bit of a brain. It's a good one to watch when you don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete