Sunday, November 02, 2008

Reflection overload

I am exaggerating.

I am not having an overload of reflecting. But nevertheless, I had quite a lot of it over the last couple of days culminating into this morning peak and some-what closure, for this session of reflecting that is.

As we were about to begin our worship service, John, the worship leader, could not get the song slides projected. There were some technical problems. After awhile, he gave up on the Powerpoint file and used an old one, which happened to be the songs we sang last week in Frasers' Hill.

This is difficult to write about but it was not an accident. The songs, albeit not intended for this morning, ministered to me so strongly that I began to cry from the very first one. God is definitely working in my life, even though I don't seem to see or feel him.

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that I'm Your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
Cause nothing else can take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You

You're all I want
You're all I ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are near

(c) 1994 Kelly Carpenter, Mercy/Vineyard

pearlie

4 comments:

  1. Pearlie, I am sorry that you are hurting, but glad that you know God is near. :)

    I am praying for you, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy, need the prayers ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of know how you feel Pearlie.. sometimes worship seems to be one big crying session for me.. and that song really moves me.

    Praying..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you know He is always near :)

    ReplyDelete