Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still Life, Dutch House and 148

We are having a day off today being a public holiday.

First, my son took me to Washington's National Art Gallery, particularly the NGA Kids, The Art Zone. It has so many amazing interactive stuff that I got quite hooked into. You should try it out too! There's the fun and interactive Dutch House but not as good as Still Life, in my opinion.

Still Life
This lets you create interactive art that mirrors the paintings of the old masters. Mix everyday objects and painted elements while experimenting with composition, scale, and perspective.

These two are just my beginnings! There are so many possibilities!





Dutch House
In Holland during the 17th and 18th centuries, the "poppenhuis" or dollhouse was an adult diversion. Paintings by well-known artists such as Pieter de Hooch, Gerard ter Borch, Jan Steen, and Johannes Vermeer spring to life as you mix and match colorful characters, create decorative objects, and explore the kitchen, living quarters, artist's studio, and courtyard of this make-believe Dutch house.

The options are limited, and here are my kitchen and courtyard.





Test Your Colour IQ


Then SH got very excited over this website because he scored 148 points on a Colour IQ test, which perplexed me because he is in fact colour blind. So Calvin began his test and he completed it with a score of 22. Huh? So I read the text only to find out that the lower the score the better, with zero being the best! We had a good laugh over it. I scored 10.

We are calling daddy 148 from now on.

pearlie

p/s I did 3 more. And I've had my fill ... for now.






3 comments:

  1. This looks cool - i need to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was so well on the color IQ but I got a 45!!! I think I have to run my colorimeter! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) :) I tried it again and still score 10! lol

    ReplyDelete