Wednesday, September 27, 2006

All Dried Out


It was a bad day today - all drives down to sheer incompetence. I am tired and I need a good rest. I went to the doctor just now and told him - I have a headache, a sorethroat and a sky-high level of stress. He laughed. He gave me a day off tomorrow - my long overdue day of rest, though I think I need more than one day to recuperate.

Noel has gone for the yearly bible conference, where I attended DA Carson's seminar and training on Psalms a few years ago. Wish I were there. This year, Chris Wright is here to talk about Deuteronomy.

I was reminded of the "remember's" in Deuteronomy.

(Deu 5:15) You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.

(Deu 7:18) you shall not be afraid of them but you shall remember what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt,

(Deu 8:2) And you shall remember the whole way that the LORD your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.

(Deu 8:18) You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

(Deu 9:7) Remember and do not forget how you provoked the LORD your God to wrath in the wilderness. From the day you came out of the land of Egypt until you came to this place, you have been rebellious against the LORD.

(Deu 9:27) Remember your servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Do not regard the stubbornness of this people, or their wickedness or their sin,

(Deu 15:15) You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God redeemed you; therefore I command you this today.

(Deu 16:3) You shall eat no leavened bread with it. Seven days you shall eat it with unleavened bread, the bread of affliction--for you came out of the land of Egypt in haste--that all the days of your life you may remember the day when you came out of the land of Egypt.

(Deu 16:12) You shall remember that you were a slave in Egypt; and you shall be careful to observe these statutes.

(Deu 24:9) Remember what the LORD your God did to Miriam on the way as you came out of Egypt.

(Deu 24:18) but you shall remember that you were a slave in Egypt and the LORD your God redeemed you from there; therefore I command you to do this.

(Deu 24:22) You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt; therefore I command you to do this.

(Deu 25:17) "Remember what Amalek did to you on the way as you came out of Egypt,

(Deu 32:7) Remember the days of old; consider the years of many generations; ask your father, and he will show you, your elders, and they will tell you.

Maeghan
Picture by Voy K

4 comments:

  1. Again. Beautiful. Wow.

    The picture is so evocative.

    And the verses!

    And your "just the facts" narrative.

    Thank you so very much. It would be easy for you not to post this stuff, but it is so encouraging. Thank you.

    And remembering is such an inspired (literally and figuratively) way to address these things. Just so long as you remember that remembering should drive you to tears before it releases you to joy. We almost always need a good cry, it seems, but sometimes a little more than others.

    God goes with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maeghan,

    I hope your rest is more 'restful' than you expect.

    God Bless
    doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you all, my good friends.

    I am having a good rest and trying my best to keep my mind on all that true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellence, and anything worthy of praise. In other words, mind off of work! LOL

    I have been sleeping the whole morning and almost the whole afternoon. I just forced myself off the bed in order to try to complete my Acts Assignment 1 now - I just didn't want to be down graded if I handed it in late.

    Am much encouraged by your good words. Thanks again. God bless all of you!

    Maeghan

    ReplyDelete