Thursday, September 28, 2006

Acts Assignment 1


I rested but also spent time trying to complete my Acts assignment due this Saturday.

It has to do with the identification of all the main crisis in the book of Acts with a summary of the first episode, Acts 3:1 - 6:7. It is now running at 30 pages long. I have only the social setting of the episode to complete and I am done. Saturday, here I come.

What I would like to highlight here is that the first episode of Acts is about the beginnings of the spread of the gospel in Jerusalem. According to Wenham, it happened only in the span of about a year, which to me is really amazing. I would imagine that things then happened at a much slower rate than now, where a lot of things happen in split seconds. So for the gospel to have spread so fast that “the word of God continued to increase, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests became obedient to the faith” (Acts 6:7), shows to prove how fervent the apostles were in their belief of Jesus Christ as the Son of God, which prompted them to go all out to spread the gospel.

It is my prayer that in our times of split-seconds, the gospel too would continue to spread.

Maeghan
Picture by Dieter Joel Jagnow

3 comments:

  1. Maeghan,

    Sounds like a pretty great day to me!

    Be Blessed and let signs and wonders follow in your wake.

    God Bless
    -Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you had some husband time and rest.

    Blessings
    Milly

    ReplyDelete