Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Bread of Life

The Sunday School visited a bread factory today. We came back with many, many loaves of bread. But the most important lesson to remember is that Jesus is the only Bread of Life, for if anyone eats this bread, he will live forever. (John 6:25-59)


On the way to the bakery


On arrival


Into the factory! I just noticed the "No Entry" sign!


The shopfloor, the aroma just ooohh ... mmmm ...


I couldn't get a clearer picture of this Helimatic Cooler, a multi-layered spiral, which cools every single load of freshly baked bread for 70 minutes


The observation hallway


The sweet pretty faces!

Maeghan

8 comments:

  1. Hi Maeghan,
    Great to talk about the bread that lasts forever with the kids.
    Today, we celebrated the Lord's Supper and when I took the bread, the pastor looked me right in the eyes and said, remember Julia, His kingdom will last forever, and I thought yes, and I smiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I went to bed and then I remembered how my eyes watered, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, another comment session that goes jewels, jewels jewels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here, I am here :)
    and i hAvE a MuSiNgS ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia,
    The trip came and went in such a whizz that before we know it we were walking out of the factory! Which is why I mention that we must be reminded about the Bread of Life, which must be done with the kids. I was not in the SS yesterday, if it is not done, it is still not too late, it is never too late until it is too late!

    LOL, i think you'd know what I mean - too late as in when we finally have to meet Him face to face.

    God bless!
    Maeghan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I thought you already did talk about the Bread of Life with the kids. I mean, I thought that was the reason you went to the bread factory. Oy.

    Have a good day. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was just a trip trip, for the kids and the parents to get together. But I am now doing a session with them this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures, Maegan. It's good to see how bread is made in another country. Actually, it may be made the same way here but I just don't know it.

    ReplyDelete