Thursday, March 22, 2018

A Sandwich from God. Filling/Part 2: I firmly stand in the power of Christ

When I received the second song to the sandwich, I thought that was it. But l let my phone continue to play and this was the next song. 

In Christ Alone


In Christ alone my hope is found 
He is my light, my strength, my song 
This cornerstone, this solid ground, 
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm. 
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease! 
My comforter, my all in all 
Here in the love of Christ I stand. 

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh, 
Fullness of God in helpless babe! 
This gift of love and righteousness, 
Scorned by the ones He came to save. 
'Til on that cross as Jesus died, 
The wrath of God was satisfied 
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid 
Here in the death of Christ I live. 

There in the ground His body lay, 
Light of the world by darkness slain 
Then bursting forth in glorious day, 
Up from the grave He rose again! 
And as He stands in victory, 
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me 
For I am His and He is mine 
Bought with the precious blood of Christ. 

No guilt in life, no fear in death 
This is the pow'r of Christ in me 
From life's first cry to final breath, 
Jesus commands my destiny. 
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man, 
Can ever pluck me from His hand 
'Til He returns or calls me home 
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand. 

Songwriters: Andrew Shawn Craig / Donald A. Koch In Christ Alone lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Capitol Christian Music Group 

I wasn’t really listening to it and when the song finished, I let it continue playing. But what was next played surprised me so much that I have to now pay attention now. I need to look into the words of In Christ Alone. 

I know you are curious about the next song but I will only talk about it tomorrow. I am still on the central message of what God wants to tell me. 

In my life, I do rely and depend on a lot of things for meaning and purpose of life but they are nothing in the presence of God. 

It is only in Christ that my hope is found. And no power of hell nor schemes of man can ever pluck me from his hand. 

It is in the power of Christ that I stand, every minute, every hour, every moment of my life. 

Amen. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment