Thursday, January 05, 2017

Going by gut feel


I have made many decisions in my life by gut feel and I just made one today. I have felt I need to do something about it but I still gave it a try and I was right, it is a right thing to do. 

Do you depend on your gut feel when you make decisions?

Inc.com has this article and it says, "There is no such thing as a purely logical decision. The brain uses a combination of logic and emotion when making decisions of any kind. That specific emotion, innate to us as humans, is intuition. We possess the capacity to feel, and thereby the ability to know things without consciously reasoning. The 'gut feeling' is real, and we use it all the time."

I depend on it quite a lot. I tend to have a feel as to what I think should or should not be done. But sometimes I may depend on it too much and make the wrong decision. 

As such, when it is a big decision that I need to make, I'd then pray about it a lot, talk to my husband and mentors before I do anything. 

But I'd still go by gut feel in the end. 

pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment