Friday, June 24, 2016

Would book summaries count as reading?


I was reading an article that got me introduced to Joosr, a book summary app. I downloaded the app and downloaded two books that I had always wanted to read but could not find the time or the mood to: Work Rules by Laszlo Bock and Made to Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. 

I've also read reviews of both books that the former is what Google does with its workforce that would most probably be difficult for others to emulate and the latter is a book that could have been shorter without its content being compromised. 

Joosr is an IOS app that enables you to download summarized non-fiction books that you can complete in just 20 minutes. I have downloaded both the books and so far they are good. Succinct and to the point. 

I am not sure however, if I would pay for the monthly or weekly subscription. And I definitely can't mark them in Goodreads as books I've read. When I try to show it t to my hubby, his respond was, "what's the point of reading then?"

Touché but still, I'll consider it. 

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. I am probably the wrong person to ask. I count reading your post as reading. :)

    ReplyDelete