Saturday, June 25, 2016

Opera Extravaganza

Anvil Chorus, Il Trovatore, by Giuseppe Verdi
(Selangor Philharmonic Orchestra and Kuala Lumpur City Chorus)


I have not been to the Civic Hall in Petaling Jaya most probably since my school days 30 years ago. I was there this evening to attend the Opera Extravaganza to support my good friend, Ee-Tan who was in the chorus. 

I like their presentation of Va, Pensiero (Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves), Nabucco, by Giuseppe Verdi but I did not record it. I should have. I only recorded the above, Anvil Chorus, Il Trovatore, also by Giuseppe Verdi. 

It was well done but I felt that the first half was much better than the second. The sound system wasn't that good making it difficult to hear the soloists and chorus sometimes. 

But all in all, well done. 

Ee-Tan with her parents

Ee-Tan and I 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment