Monday, May 23, 2016

My favourite people are INFPs

I was working on some training materials on the 16-type personality theory and The Four Temperaments and I was looking for famous people and their types to be added into my training slides.

The people I see in most of the categories are the expected ones like The Stabilizers ESTJ Margaret Thatcher and ISTJ George Washington, The Improvisers ISTP Steve Jobs and ESFP Richard Branson, and The Theorists INTJ Nikola Tesla and ENTP Bertrand Russell. They didn't quite mean much to me. Just people, but great people.

But when I got to the final category of The Catalysts, the NFs, this was where I found that most of my favourite people are INFPs, as I am, which delighted me.


A.A. Milne (INFP)


C.S. Lewis (INFP)


J.R.R. Tolkien (INFP)


Bill Watterson (INFP)

Not surprisingly, they are all writers. The other notable ones are Augustine and Vincent Van Gogh. And even the rare few celebrities who are my favourite are INFPs - Johnny Depp and Jude Law. Interesting.

pearlie

4 comments:

  1. Hi there
    Just wondered where you got the data on who is what type? For example I've seen Richard Branson claimed as various different types by different websites, including INFP like you and me (which seems unlikely). It seems that most of it is just guessed by someone and stated on their website, then other people just take it as fact and repeat the claim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you - they are just guesses and I take them with a pinch of salt myself.

      Delete