Monday, June 22, 2015

Gifts are given to be given

I learnt a useful lesson today from Kansas Bob: gifts are given to be given.

I never really thought of it that way. I know God has given gifts to each of us and I know it's for the edification of the body of Christ. But if you put it in simple clear English that you are given gifts to be given away, it certainly makes an aha moment for me.

And with that, I read Matt 25:29 with even better understanding: "For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away." (ESV)

The NLT version interprets it quite well in that same line of thought: "To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away."

Thanks Kansas Bob for the wonderful insight!

pearlie

1 comment:

  1. Another pure truth, and area of obedience, that we so easily overlook.

    ReplyDelete