Sunday, May 03, 2015

O Banh Mi, Petaling Jaya


The O School Sandwich

I've tasted my first Vietnamese sandwich when I was in a business trip in Hanoi, and it was really, really good.

But the sandwiches in O Banh Mi in Petaling Jaya is not too bad actually. The last time I featured O Banh Mi here because of its egg coffee, and now I should also draw attention to its yummy O School: "the original Vietnamese baguette served with pates, homemade mayonnaise, hams, pickled radish and carrots, chili, cilantro and lemon grass. One sandwich fits all."

O Banh Mi
33, Jalan SS21/56B,
Damansara Utama,
Petaling Jaya.
Malaysia
Tel: +603-77328540.
Open: 8am to 8pm (Monday to Friday), 10am to 9pm (Saturday and Sunday). Closed on Mondays.

pearlie
Source: The Malay Mail

2 comments:

  1. This egg coffee, is actually very interesting. I read fish skin has been used in Norway. And in Hanoi, via wikipedia; "The son of the café's founder claims that his father developed the recipe for the drink when milk was scarce in Vietnam, replacing the dairy product with egg yolk."
    Even found a video too

    As they say; necessity the mother of invention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is very interesting and very tasty too =) but I know...not all people are comfortable with eating raw eggs. But fish skin in coffee...hmm that is interesting...I wouldn't mind trying it though I don't really like the fishy taste.

    ReplyDelete