Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I'm now a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach!



I have made it!

It all started on 10th April 2014 when I attended a breakfast talk on the topic "Achieve Higher Level of Performance through Strengths Based Development" where I was really attracted to the Gallup philosophy and concept.

I took the assessment on 17 April 2014, attended the Gallup Strengths Accelerated Coaching Program from 2 - 6 June 2014, passed my coachee evaluations on 14 Aug 2014, took my examination yesterday and received a pass today!

So I am now a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach. And it has just been four months!

The first thing to do will be to develop a profile to post it in Gallup's list of coaches. I am very excited, and looking forward to more coaching sessions for anyone who is interested.

pearlie

3 comments:

  1. Hey, congratulations, Pearlie! I love the Strengths concept and would love to be able to be a coach. I was wondering if you were going to write back and I see that you did make another comment on my original post and you asked how do I see myself in the strengths dynamics.
    I would say that Positivity is what moves me forward and gives me energy, knowing that everything is going to be alright in the end. Empathy does make me know how people are really feeling. Connectedness is interesting - Bridget just asked me last night if that is why I always know something to talk about with anybody and I know that's true. I see Maximizer in trying to make the best photos possible and also in encouraging my kids and students where I work and in just working on strengths. My last one, Adaptability - John has always said that I live in the present moment. At work, I like to always find out what needs to be done that is useful and keep busy. So those are a few examples.
    One day I was out with a friend who works in HR and knows a lot about strengths and we kept mentioning to each other how we were seeing our strengths come out. It was pretty fascinating. I wish I had Communication! Bridget has that and I love how she can tell me stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julia! Thanks!
    I love your talents especially Positivity - that is my "envy" talent, one I wish I had. My Positivity is my number 30! LOL
    So I try to use my dominant talents to try to bring some semblance of Positivity.

    I love how you mention Connectedness - that is my #1 talent. Your 4 talents except Positivity are my dominant talents and I totally agree with what you shared. Let me pm you to continue with this. TTYL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Pearlie, I look forward to hearing more from you, although in looking at your blog lately, you sound very busy! LOL. My coworker says that Positivity is probably his #37, haha, but we only know our top 5 from the test we took.

    ReplyDelete