Saturday, July 05, 2014

Silent Retreat Day 2

Coming here on a last minute basis, I came to the Lord this morning asking him what he desires of me. It got it resolved to two items, one of which is to re-center my life in him.

I began by re-looking into my "life line" which I keep track under this free Apple app call LifeTrack. I updated it and realised that I have not been in a silent retreat since my last one in Chiang Mai in December 2011.

And what is more amazing is that I have been to three silent retreats in year 2011 alone. I did not even realise that.

Then there was none till now, two and a half years later.

This augments the need for me to re-center my life in God. I've had several major things that happened in these two and a half years, among which are changing jobs three times, one of which involved being laid off. And one good thing is that I have started attending a care group under PBC in this period and I am still faithfully attending it.

My life is full of stuff to do at the moment, at home, at work, my reading, and at my faith community. With so much doing, I have neglected my time with God some. I am still praying and reading his Word. But it could be better.

With this, I hope to double up the time I spend with him. And be more mindful of him every hour of my days.

Like what the ESV Study Bible say of 1 Thess. 5:17, "pray without ceasing suggests a mental attitude of prayerfulness, continual personal fellowship with God, and consciousness of being in his presence throughout each day."

That is indeed my prayer, that I will continue in a daily personal fellowship with God and being conscious of him throughout each day. Amen.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment