Thursday, June 05, 2014

Gallup Strengths Accelerated Coaching Program Day 4

I learned two things today.

Firstly, the Gallup strengths are generally grouped into four themes: Relationship Building, Strategic Thinking, Execution and Influencing. I have my dominant strengths in my first 15 and I only have one in the Influencing category. But it is a pretty strong one. It's my #7 Maximizer. People who are especially talented in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to
stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb. I found out that this strength explains a lot of things about me that I was trying to figure out, both the positive and negative sides of it. I tend to want to get the best out of the limited resources I have. I am a perfectionist, albeit in different ways than normal, and interestingly, I was told that Maximizers can sometimes be snobs on the things that they do well or whatever they pride upon. Moreover, I have extremely high expectations of myself and my peers. I blogged about pride two weeks ago. This is definitely something I need to further think about.

Secondly, I realized that if I had to name one strength I really want to have, it will be Positivity. People who are especially talented in the Positivity theme have an enthusiasm that is contagious. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do. I have it as my #30. I will never have it and so I asked if I can make use of any of my dominant strengths to achieve a certain form of it. It was suggested to me that I use Empathy and Relator. I will see if it will work somehow.

I have completed all my catching up sessions yesterday, and it is in good time for me to have an early night to retire, my top need at the moment.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment