Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sweating profusely

I have a problem I need to solve but I do not know how.

I go for a daily one-hour workout in the gym before I go to work in a gym a few floors below my office. It is very convenient and the timing is perfect.

However, by the time I step out of the gym, walk to the lift and get to office, I will be drenched in sweat.

I have been showering in cold or tepid water and not hot water. I thought since the reason we sweat is because it helps cool the body down and get rid of excess body heat, I help cool it down further with cold water, and so why do I immediately start to sweat again when I walk out of the shower stall?

I fell sick last week and took a break from gym but when I felt slightly better I was back exercising. This time I took hot showers and I felt cooler when I complete my shower. I tried it again today taking a real hot one but I was back to sweating like crazy on my way to the office.

So what gives?

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment