Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Sabbatical Cycle

My husband pooh-poohed it as a normal tendency for us to see patterns in all we do, but I see it as something quite interesting nonetheless.

I have been working for 20 years now and as I began to reflect on what I have done and what lessons I've learnt in these periods of years in different organisations, I saw that I have have been at work in 7-year cycles with prominent breaks at the beginning of every 7th year.

This I feel is reminiscent of the Sabbatical year cycle, even though I do not take year-long breaks (except for the first cycle, which I did).

And so, as I enter into the 4th cycle, I'm taking a deliberate break to reflect, recollect and regroup myself in preparation for it.

And I am reminded of the Aaronic blessing in Numbers 6:24-26, which I will receive from the LORD, as a commitment to Him that He is the Lord of all, He is the source of all good things, He is the purpose of life:

The LORD bless you and keep you
The LORD make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you
And give you peace


pearlie

4 comments:

  1. I must and will give this some serious thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that life has it's seasons. Retirement being the one that I am currently in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    Share your thoughts when you have thought about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KB,
    Good for you...retirement for me is not that faraway relatively speaking, and I am not sure if I would like it to come! LOL

    ReplyDelete