Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Words of healing, words of grace

There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

~ Proverbs 12:18

Has anyone ever spoken to you rashly?
Someone did that to me this morning.
Did you feel the sword stabbed through thoroughly?
I did this morning.

What has happen to us all?
We'll bite and stab the back of another.
What will become of us, what will befall?
We'd wish hell on each other.

Oh no, we need instead words of healing,
Words that help, which soothe, which are appealing.
The words that were given this morning, I will not receive,
To the person the words I return, over them I will not grieve.
Words of healing, words of grace,
Are what I will take, are what I will embrace.

(c) 2011 Pearlie Ng
All rights reserved

2 comments:

  1. the exact thing happen to me just 2 days ago... and this one is from a Christian! not only were the words harsh, they were threatening, aggressive and violent. i was applauded that an individual can think that he has absolute right to judge and to punish another human being, seeing that we're all equal before God. This is especially hurtful when the blow is so severe, it opens your eyes to see things about the situation that you've never seen before and there is no turning back about how you feel anymore. It leaves a permanent mark. Why is it that some people choose destruction instead of edification. And why violence instead of gentleness?
    Some people may play the emotional manipulation game to intimidate people into agreeing with them, but how long do they expect this to last? I am to fear God, not men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually do not realise that we take responsibility of what comes out of our mouth.

    ReplyDelete