Thursday, October 28, 2010

Petrol thieves?

I was involved in a minor accident and I took my car to the Honda workshop in Jalan Klang Lama to get my bumper and back panel fixed. I have a strong suspicion that they stole my petrol in the event.

I collected the car after a week and noticed that the petrol indicator was down by one third. I remembered it was a full tank when I brought it in but I dismiss it as I couldn't believe anyone would go so low as to steal petrol and thought I must have been mistaken.

I just refilled my tank and as usual I logged it into my iPhone Gas Cubby app. It was then clear that they did. The calculation of km/l has gone down quite substantially.

What should I do now? If I make a complaint and continue using them, the workers may decide to be mean and do more harm than good. But if I don't do anything, it goes against my principles.

So it looks like I am going to make the complaint and use another car service provider, which is a shame because I had liked this one and they are conveniently near. But they had their chance and they lost it as far as I'm concerned.

pearlie

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about that. Usually, it is not the owner that is at fault ... but the workers. But it is right to lodge a report. At least he would look into it and find for himself the culprit. It is really pointless to lose a customer over petrol, anyone with good business-sense can see that ...

    ReplyDelete