Friday, September 17, 2010

TEE on full throttle

I have been blogging about my TEE classes as I went about in the past 4 years (oh my, have I really been blogging that long?) but ever since I went reticent in 2010, I have not talked about them - wish I did.

I am back into being more hardworking this year as far as my theological study is concerned. After the Ministry in a Pluralistic Context module I took in July/August 2009, the following modules I attended were Pastoral Leadership & Ministry in May 2010, 1 Corinthians in June/July 2010 and Biblical Theology in August 2010. I am about to complete my Pastoral Leadership & Ministry assignment but I have not touched anything on the other two.

And today is the first day of the Major Religion in Malaysia module. We had the introductory session today and it was really very, very interesting to learn about Islam in Malaysia. For one, it is one of the fastest growing religion in the world right now and one very important realisation about the religion is that to the Muslims, the Qur'an is the very direct word from God -- and therefore it is infallible, it does not need any analysis (like we do our Scriptures), or any criticism (talk about our textual criticism, source criticism, form criticism, redaction criticism, socio-historical criticism, and what-more-have-you!). It made me realise how different it is when they talk about the Qur'an compared to when we talk about the Bible. We turn it upside-down-inside-out to discover its beauty and truth whilst they simply treat it as-is being the very pure word directly given by God. And that to me is really very, very profoundly interesting.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment