Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Are you a tea person?

I have not been blogging much and do allow me with a little of indulging here :)

I have always had a penchant for tea. I love browsing in tea shops when I go travelling and I'd end up with boxes and boxes of them in variety. That was many years ago.

Now I am back at it, with a little more insight to it, thanks to the Internet.

These are my favourites, at least for now:


Camomile
I know - it is not really considered as "tea" but a herbal infusion.
But still, it has a lovely flavour and it gives me a very soothing and calming effect.


Lady Earl Grey
I used to love Earl Grey Tea - tea with oil of begamot orange.
But Lady Earl Grey is wonderful, it is black tea with oil of bergamot, lemon peel and orange peel.


Genmai-Cha
And this is my all-time favourite - green tea with roasted rice. Smells heavenly!

Making tea is something I look forward to doing: boiling the water, picking the tea I feel like for the time, infusing the tea and enjoying the aroma of it ... hmm, lovely ... but sometimes, I won't know which to infuse.

I now have quite a collection of tea in my office: Peppermint Tea, Black Tea, Jasmine Tea, Green Tea, Chrysanthemum Pu-Erh Tea, Mango Black Tea, Earl Grey Tea, Prince of Wales Tea, Darjeeling Tea, English Breakfast Tea, High Mountain Oolong Tea, Jasmine Green Tea, Java Green Tea, Green Tea & Lemon, Green Tea & Apple, Green Tea & Orange.

pearlie

11 comments:

  1. Genmai-Cha is my favourite too! I still find the exact brand which u posted the best after trying out a few others. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angel! Good...so I'll just stick to this brand too :) i have not tried others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. should pass some packets of kenyan tea to you to try. they turn out deep orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardiologist said I should quit tea-drinking. I hardly drink tea nowadays ... except when I'm stuck at the airport departure halls or finding shelter from the rain where only tea is served, and other occasions when I just want to drink tea regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drink $bucks half-caff in the morning but I did enjoy quite a bit of decaf Chai Spice Tea this winter.. usually in the afternoon.. English style - with a bit of cream and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reb, can't wait to try it! The next time I'm in STM, I'll let you know in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. KB,
    Nice. My fave in Starbucks is its Java Chip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, i love tea - mint green tea is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia,
    Never tried mint green tea :) Don't think I've seen it here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tea. All kinds of tea and have more kinds then I should list

    ReplyDelete
  11. Milly :) I'm now having Green Tea & Apple.

    ReplyDelete