Friday, January 29, 2010

A church family from the same generation isn't much of a family

I saw this in my tweet today and checked it out: A church family from the same generation isn't much of a family. At first I could not make out what it meant (I read it on the fly), but when I got to the article published in Christianity Today, I couldn't agree more with the writer.

It is an excellent read - and especially for those die-hards who would push for church segregation, i.e. Children Church, Youth Church, Businessmen Church, or however-else-you-can-have-it, take a read and tell me if this is not true: "Including all age groups in congregational life teaches everyone to live together in love and forbearance."

Segregated in a Whole New Way
A church family from the same generation isn't much of a family.
To continue reading, click here.

pearlie

3 comments:

  1. I SOOO agree. It is one of the reasons Mickey & I refuse to be pushed into any group for the "over 50's", etc. and why we have so many young friends we love and love us. All of us have so much to teach and share with each other at all age levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need each other ... all ages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am middle aged to the very definition of it :) I enjoy it a lot chatting after church with the grandmamas and the young adults.

    ReplyDelete