Thursday, September 17, 2009

I will not wither

He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers

(Psalm 1:3 NASB)

This verse in the psalms encouraged me tremendously this morning. I have just started a new job - as much as I am enjoying myself, I am pretty much exhausted ... and I am only at it about 3 weeks now.

Which was why when I read Psalm 1 and verse 3, it lifted my spirit. I am being assured that I am like a tree planted by streams of water, I will yield fruits in season, I will not wither and in whatever I do, I will prosper (with the "whatever I do" and everything else in verse 3 dependent on verse 1 and 2 of course).

I thank the Lord for his goodness.

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. Amen!

    And, even as the face wrinkles, the body sags, and the bones ache, "I will not wither" and I will some day behold HIS face. Oh what a day of rejoicing that will be.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete