Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pearlie is having a migraine and so please leave her alone

I woke up with a very bad migraine this morning and I am now still in bed, not sleepy at all but head heavy and badly aching.

With nothing else better to do, I started catching up with blogs via RSS on my phone.

Times are so different these days compared to the good ol' days. If you have been around long enough, you'd have had penpals, the snail mail kind. And to catch up with friends, there'd be the good ol' dial telephone, the turning kind.

But I'm here instead reading up the latest with my friends and new found blogger-friends, with some I've "known" for more than 3 years now (I'm referring to you, Julia ;)

Oh, how the times have changed. We no longer write letters. We publish blogposts. It is no longer personal to recipients (though there's still the email) but open to the public, to whomever who'd care to take a read. And we "reply" with "comments".

Then there's the different breed between Bloggers and Facebookers. Which are you? Or rather, which is more you? And why?

I am not really into Facebooking but I'm there because I came to a can't-beat-'em-so-join-'em stage.

I'm still not active there, only checking in once every month, more frequent now with the FB app in my phone. I suppose I'm less there because I prefer to be more thought out than fleeting. I would rather spend half an hour, though sometimes it can take more than one, to write out what's in my mind or what's been happening in my day or in my life, on a more serious note; rather than spending one minute to type (Pearlie is) having a migraine and so please leave her alone.

Don't you see? I've spent the last half an hour and 8 paragraphs just to do that, to tell you that Pearlie is having a migraine and so please leave her alone.

Ah! Bloggers.

pearlie

6 comments:

  1. Psst ... :P we're supposed to leave her alone. eh, you sempat see star trek, it shouldn't be that bad. and HOW in the world can you say it is superb?!! I'm totally clueless now. Maybe it is for the fans only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all. It wasn't *that* bad when I finally got out of bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    That "leave her alone" was in jest lar :) yup, hubby wanted to watch it so go lor -- and we enjoyed it very much. I am thinking of going to watch it again afterwards!!! alone!!! Haven't done that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pearlie - Sometimes I have to come over to see my dearest, oldest blogger friend and I'm so glad I did :) I've been struggling with blogging lately... but I do like it more than FB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julia,
    For the record, I have been mostly lurking at your blog. Through my RSS feeds and you always put a smile on my face :)

    Oh I have been struggling too but everytime I told myself to cut down from a daily blog to a as-and-as-when blog, I'll go and update it anyway.

    ReplyDelete