Saturday, January 24, 2009

Reunion Dinner with my parents

My parents will not be around during Chinese New Year's eve on Sunday and decided to have the traditional reunion dinner a day earlier, which allowed SH, Calvin and I to attend it as well. (We are due to attend a reunion dinner with my in-laws on Chinese New Year's eve proper.)

My dad was the cook this reunion dinner and we look forward to savour his cooking - which is not often.


Delicious Honey BBQ Bacon
Being a procrastinator in everything, we went shopping for loong-yuk-gon (BBQ dried pork) at the last minute and thankfully the shop in Taman Seri Petaling was still open.


Stewed Mushrooms with Sea Cucumbers
Oh, the luscious thick and juicy mushrooms are the best in the world!


My dad's Signature Crispy Roast Chicken
Yummy and crispy, perfect everytime.


Now gather round - bon appétit!
Round the table from left to right: dad, mom, Pam - my sister-in-law, Jason - my brother, Chloe - my niece, SH and Calvin

It was wonderful to have all in the family together again.

pearlie
Photos (c) 2009 Pearlie Ng

2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks yummy....especially the chicken. Glad you were able to enjoy both family celebrations.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete