Monday, January 26, 2009

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Wishing all of you a prosperous
and Spirit-filled New Year!



We started a quiet Chinese New Year, the Year of the Ox, visiting my-laws to bai nien, but soon found our way to my uncle's house where all the action and noise is.


My cousin Irene with her three kids, Aaron (left), Adrian (right), and Aeson (bottom, middle). Weng Hong, my nephew (bottom, left) and my son Calvin, (bottom, right). Adrian and Aeson are fraternal twins.


The only girl amongst the boys, sweet little Yong Xin, Weng Hong's sister.


My cousins (from top, left to right), Siow Yuen, Pei Yuen, Ai Hoon and my niece Sim Yee


My aunt and her daughters


My mom (top, left) and my aunts, her sisters-in-law


The girls went out for coffee whilst the mothers and grandmothers, husbands and fathers continued their New Year banter.

pearlie
Photos (c) 2009 Pearlie Ng

8 comments:

  1. You can tell what a fun, grand time you are all having. Beautiful family.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to have such a talented photographer in the family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan :) We did ... and since we did the same things last year and this year, it is set to become a family tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Missy! I am still learning and enjoying my brand "new" lens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice family photos again Pearlie. The little girl is lovely! - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again, Dave.
    Oh yes, Yong Xin really knows how to pose in front of a camera. I think most girls do! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these family photos!!! I guess I haven't been by in awhile. Still recovering a bit from the trip to New Mexico...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Julia - I used a fixed lens and with a lack of space I had to tilt the camera to get all of them in the frame, but I am pleased it turned out better than I had expected.

    I guess I haven't been by in awhile.
    Don't worry about it, as long as you still drop in :)

    I gather the trip has been good! You were quiet in your blog for awhile.

    ReplyDelete