Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What? Book fast?
Meltdown!



I am too depressed.
I am going to the bookstore.
I cannot guarantee that I will behave.

pearlie
Photo © 2008 Pearlie Ng

Update: Meltdown!


Alister McGrath (ed.),
The Christian Theological Reader, (Blackwell, 2006)


Book Description
This bestselling volume is now available in a fully updated and expanded 3rd edition, bringing together 361 readings drawn from 233 different sources, and charting the 2,000 years of Christian history.
  • Each reading illustrates a key doctrine, point of view, intellectual development, or theological landmark
  • Exceptionally user-friendly: every reading is accompanied by its own introduction, commentary, and study questions
  • Features increased coverage of Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and women writers, and includes important sources from patristic, medieval, reformation, and modern periods
  • A new section provides a bird's-eye view of the historical development of Christian theology, allowing users to locate a reading against its historical context
  • Additional writers featured include: Yves Congar, Walter Kasper, Bernard Lonergan, Bonaventure, Duns Scotus, Stanley Hauerwas, John Paul II, C. S. Lewis, Maximus the Confessor, Rosemary Radford Ruether, Dorothee Souml;lle, Dumitru Staniloae, and Rowan Williams.
How could I resist? I only hope I won't get depressed too often now that bookstores are just a walk away.

pearlie

8 comments:

  1. hii Pearlie... nice to know ur coming to India.. Mumbai is in the West of India and Chennai, where we live is in the South... 2 hrs by flight :(

    What training are you coming for?How many days would u b in Mumbai

    the monsoon has started.very heavy rains.. be prepared..and Mumbai, the traffic is very very bad..

    u get clothes, bags and sandals, very cheap. take someone who knows the city with you when shopping.

    though i am far away, need anything, give me a call on - 09940088385

    take care

    Love
    Anooja

    ReplyDelete
  2. A meltdown of nuclear proportions.. spreading global warming in concentric circles emanating from Kuala Lumpur :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anooja! :( we will be quite faraway from each other - thanks for your info, I'll keep your number with me. My email is ngpearlie@yahoo.com. Could you please email me? I have some further questions. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russ,
    So far so good and I am enjoying the read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. KB,
    You feeling it there too huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Pearlie - Glad to hear you are not a Pharisee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...I will be even more depressed next week when I am at SBL International Meeting - how NOT to buy books on when there are on special offer....!! Argggghhhhh..

    ReplyDelete