Saturday, May 17, 2008

Today is Food Day
Yuen Garden Dim Sum,
D'lish and Ma Maison

Today is indeed a food day. It started with really delicious dim sum in Yuen Garden in Bandar Puchong Jaya. For someone who does not quite fancy dim sum, I really like it here.










Photos by Chan Siew Soo in Photoblog

In the afternoon, I drove Calvin to Boys Brigade and stopped over at D’lish in Midvalley for a latte, a wi-fi connection and a place where I can get some work done. As I walked into the deli, I found Noel walking in front of me, going towards the table I spotted right from when I walked through the door. He was quite surprised to see me. We talked a bit, catching up on things, since I have not seen him for awhile.


D'lish is a great place to be, except when there are teenage girls around. I could not understand why they need to talk on top of their voices. And their topics of discussion and choice of words left nothing to be desired - absolutely atrocious, coming from the mouths of 16 to 18 year old girls. Mind you, this is not the first I am encountering loud chattering girls in D'lish.


Enough of venting. As I was saying, D'lish is a great place to be. Good food, good ambience (when the crowd is right, that is), good coffee, average prices, free wi-fi connection availability, and good coffee. What else could you ask for?

D'lish serve excellent food. These are its array of cakes and cupcakes, though my visit today had found them featuring a new line-up of desserts and cakes. I packed some home and I still have a cup of Creme Caramel and Banana Mascarpone Cheesecake in the fridge ... mmm ...




I had D'lish's potato salad with rosemary - it was the best in the world.


This deli either has a very witty owner or they had hired some really good ad agents. You could spend some good minutes just looking through the various lines they had, either chalked or printed, on the floor, on the wall, on food containers, on its drink labels, what have you.



Photos from Occasional Bon Vivant Diva






Photos from KL People KL Food

Then it was dinner in Ma Maison. SH was recommended this place, which was said to serve pretty good French food at good prices. Off we went. We ordered the foie gras for SH and I, escargot for Calvin, with cod, veal and steak as the main course. We were stuffed! But not our wallets, not only was it on cash terms, it was not averagely priced but more on the high side.


See that? Cash only ...


This little ducky graced my plate. It was a good touch.
Photos from A Whiff of Lemongrass

pearlie

Yuen Garden Dim Sum House
Jalan Kenari 18
Bandar Puchong Jaya

47100 Puchong
Tel : 603-80763818

D'lish @ MidValley
G-001 Ground Floor, Menara IGB
Mid Valley City, Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-22875770


D'lish @ Bangsar Village
G1a, Ground Floor, Bangsar Village
Jalan Telawi 1, Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-22881770

Ma Maison French Restaurant
32, Persiaran Ampang
55000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-4256 5410
Closed Tuesdays
Terms: Cash Only

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting look into your restaurants Pearlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first set of pictures reminded me of my first breakfast in Hong Kong.. very different from the breakfasts that I had become accustomed to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you all were here :)
    The company also counts

    ReplyDelete