Saturday, May 24, 2008

Church Camp Day 1
And a New Toy!

It only dawn upon me yesterday that church camp is happening today. Therefore, if I were to get a DSLR camera, it is now. Thankfully, Boon Ho was free and offered to go with me to the camera shop last night.

I had planned to get the Canon 450D – a very good camera for its price. But to my dismay, it was out of stock until next Thursday.

It is a now or never kind of situation. I do not want to go feeling how close I would have been to taking that “perfect” shot.

I decided to go for broke. I got the Canon 40D.

Here I was with my new camera at the shop.


And here I was posing in happiness. Calvin snapped the picture. Not bad for a budding photographer to have captured a rather good shot of his unphotogenic mommy. I am not much of a poser anyway.


We were off today for church camp to Bukit Merah Laketown Resort. We stopped by Yong Kee in OUG for breakfast and this is my first of my better looking food shots, of one of town's best beef noodles.


The Church Camp was in Bukit Merah Laketown Resort, a little after Taiping. I have not been there before.


At least 50% of the our small congregation attended the camp.


Our speaker was Mr Goh Keat Peng. The theme was "Rooted and Built-up Together in Christ". He shared with us God's word from Colossians 1 - 2. I was mesmerised by these passages. I spent the time multi-tasking - listening to him while sentence-diagramming the passage. He gave us an introduction to the different genres of Scripture and his first session was centered on the power and ongoing work of the Gospel, to relentlessly continue spreading the word and praying for the unsaved. Mr Goh is a very experienced man in Christian mission and ministry, and his sharing was packed with the realities of life in connection with Paul's words in Colossians. It was good but it might have been better if he had also given an introduction to Colossians so as to give us a context of Paul's letter to begin with though.

pearlie
Photo © 2008 Pearlie Ng

Check here for more pictures.
And here for featured shots.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, glad to hear you're a Canon girl!!! Hope you like it - I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, that is a very fun photo of you!

    ReplyDelete