Thursday, November 15, 2007

Serious Book-a-mania!


Talk about being a bibliomaniac, I had the wildest of a maniacal day as far as books are concerned. For the first time in three years (I think), Pearson held a warehouse sales. I was told that after the 2 to 3 warehouse sales event held several years ago, they do not have plans for anymore. Pam, my sister-in-law, who was in the publishing industry sent me an email yesterday about the warehouse sales and I headed there in no time. Pearson's warehouse sales are ones to-die-for ... err ... maybe not to die die-for but you know what I mean.

Prices were slashed by a minimum of 70% and on top of that, I signed up in their book club and I get another 10%. I was in book-heaven.

Since there aren’t many books that I need other than books from SUFES, Canaanland and Evangel, my main objective was to get books for Calvin. For a boy who finished three of Enid Blyton’s short story collections in one day, this was heaven-sent.

I spent a long time there and ended up with four boxes piled with books and books and books. Before I headed to the cashier, I did a final sorting and put away some, but I still amassed 97 books! 97! It was the most I bought at any one time. It was the most I spent on books at any one time. But at an average of RM6.60 per book, it was certainly a steal.

The sale will last until 21st November. It is held in Pearson Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Lot 2, Jalan 215 (or better known as Jalan Kilang), Off Jalan Templer, 46050 Petaling Jaya. It opens from 9am to 7pm.

pearlie

11 comments:

  1. I have learned that when you disappear for a few days, you're either at work or some huge book sale. Or singing. Good job on the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ... I think so ... but these 2 weeks have been quite taxing for me trying to rush the Mark papers out in record time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 97 books is rather amazing...I think the most I've ever bought is...10 maybe? At a time, I mean.

    Anyhow, I came across your site and found it interesting. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul,
    It is not only rather amazing :) I think it will only be once in a lifetime! I like you, never would have bought more than 15 at a time.

    Thanks for dropping by and for your kind words. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry ... what I meant was - I, like what you'd do - would never buy more than 15 at a time.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-O

    Can I be your adopted son?

    (warning: the books I want may cost more than RM6.60...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. bk,
    sure! As long as you come under my roof, under my rules and discipline and regulations and naggings and list of chores ... come on over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex,
    Wish they were theological books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pearlie,

    Can you be my patron?

    (Warning, the books I want DEFINITELY cost more than RM6.60....more likely RM66.00..)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kar Yong,
    Warning, the books I want DEFINITELY cost more than RM6.60....more likely RM66.00
    Haha ... who dunno?

    Can you be my patron?
    But I don't think I am as rich as Phoebe lar ;)

    ReplyDelete