Thursday, October 18, 2007

Papers and reports

I have been very busy wrapping up a project, where I discovered and realised one thing about myself - I get equally engrossed when I need to work on a paper, be it for work or for study. I eat, drink and sleep it. Like last night, if I did not force myself to go to bed because I need to wake up at 6am this morning to get Calvin to school, I would have worked on the client's report till at least 4am. I turned in at 1.30am instead, and quite unhappy about it: my mind was active, I was thinking and I was productive, and I had to go to bed.

Early this morning, before I started work, I went back to my Biblical Interpretation papers, planning to finalise all 4 within the week in time for their submission on the 28th of this month. Re-reading the first paper, "Do a word study on diakonos in Romans 16:1 - is Phoebe a servant or a deacon?", I sort of panicked, and I still am. While working on that paper back then, I was convinced of my arguments. But now that I looked at it again, I am not!

I don't know what to think now.

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. You must be more tired than you think - turn on Paul Potts and get some rest dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,
    Too many things to do to really have a good rest. But last night, after I was back from work, I spent the entire night playing the piano and revising some songs. I pity the neighbours! I am terrible at the piano, and they'd be sick of my wailing by now! haha

    ReplyDelete