Sunday, August 12, 2007

How are we defined?

Rev Christopher Rao’s sermon today was based on Exodus 5:22-6:12, basically dealing the lesson of looking to God and trust him on his big purposes. Life may not be the way we want it to be, it may go the other way than we have prayed and hoped for, but God knows what he is doing. How he dealt with Moses’ insecurity is case in point. God could have just given up on him, but stuck on with Moses. God would have just given up on the Israelites in their murmurings and complaints but stuck on with them (though not without consequences). God could have given up on us, but he stuck on, and gave his Son to die for us. Continue to hold on to him, no matter how life turns out at the moment. Depend on his grace, it is sufficient for us.

Exodus 6:6-8 (NASB)
6 "Say, therefore, to the sons of Israel, 'I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from their bondage. I will also redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. 7 'Then I will take you for My people, and I will be your God; and you shall know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 8 'I will bring you to the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give it to you for a possession; I am the LORD.'"

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment