Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The idiot box


Our satellite TV offered some new channels recently, but not without an increase in rates. One of the channes is E! and I have proven that it is literally bad for us. Most of those I have asked about the channel gave me the same feedback. The moment we land ourselves in that channel, we are stuck: the eyes to the screen and our butts to the seat. My colleague's mom calls it her "happy hour".

I find it bad because at least I would learn something watching Discovery Channel. Goodness knows how will it benefit me to know that the three richest women in entertainment are Oprah Winfrey, JK Rowling and Martha Stewart, in that order.

I made myself switch the TV off and spent the evening reading with Calvin, which was undeniably time better spent.

pearlie
Picture by Danilo Vitoriano

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I was just talking to my neighbor the other day about how much cable is and now she has HDTV too - when it's something that you are always telling your kids to shut off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice what I say, not what I do! Ooops ...

    ReplyDelete