Monday, March 05, 2007

The Role of the Holy Spirit in Acts

I have been staying up late trying to put in more work into the Holy Spirit assignment. So far so good, though every time I look at it, I make major changes - but I suppose that is good, it shows that I am thinking and working.

The paper's structure looks like this, at least for now:

1. What is the role of the Holy Spirit in Acts?
1.1. The Driving Force of Salvation History
1.2. The Spirit of Prophecy
1.3. Baptism of the Holy Spirit
2. The Spirit in Acts and the Rest of Scripture
2.1 The Old Testament
2.2 John
2.3 Paul
3. What does it mean to us today?
3.1. Pneumatology, Ecclesiology and Eschatology
3.2. The Powerful Presence of the Holy Spirit

pearlie

6 comments:

  1. I love that word...pneumatology...study of the Spirit, breath, wind....lovely!
    Just sending you a hug, pearlie!
    May I link you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hugs back to you too :)

    May I link you?
    Sure! I'd be honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are done, will we get a peek?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ouline looks good, though covering Pneumatology, Ecclesiology, and Eschatology in a paper seems a little ambitious!

    Be careful on terminology: the Greek tells of baptism "in" and/or "with" the Holy Spirit, but from what I have studied, never baptism "of" the Holy Spirit. Scripture seems to indicate God the Father and Christ pouring out the Spirit at Pentecost and at other times, but not the Holy Spirit "baptizing" by Himself.

    I ran across this from my monergism.com rss feed that I thought you might like:

    http://www.modernreformation.org/dac96interpret.htm

    It's an article by D.A. Carson on biblical interpretation. Save it for after your paper is done, but since you're a Carson fan I thought you might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. though covering Pneumatology, Ecclesiology, and Eschatology in a paper seems a little ambitious!
    I know!! which is why I haven't started on that part yet :)

    never baptism "of" the Holy Spirit
    Interesting. I can't say I am all wrong because the preposition "of" is quite rich and can mean more than origin i.e. baptised by Himself. But thanks for the heads up - I need to do more researching on this one.

    And thanks for the link! it will be a good read.

    ReplyDelete