Friday, January 12, 2007

A super blur cat


I was not able to spend time contemplating today because there was just too much running around doing this and doing that. And on top of that, I was a being a super blur cat, something which I have become quite often lately.

There were several things I had to do in Calvin’s school at the start of the school year, even though his classes had already started 2 weeks ago. I had to make a run to the bookshop to get him some art supplies, to the school office to collect his new sets of uniform which has just arrived – he has grown out of his old ones – and I also had to catch his Malay Language teacher to settle some issues. In all the hassle, I left my credit card in the school office after paying for the uniform. And what more, I had already left my mobile phone at home when we rushed out of the house in the morning.

After making my way to the office, I had to rush out reports and reports and proposals and more reports that got me quite flustered for the day.

Then after work, I had a worship committee meeting to attend to and after that a band practice for worship leading this Sunday.

By the time I got home, I did not want to do anything else but to wash up and get into bed, settle down and read. I read to Calvin and after he went to bed, I snuggled in myself for a good read. By the way, I am reading Alister McGrath’s In The Beginning, The Story of the King James Version. An excellent work.

Maeghan
Picture by Marcelo Terraza

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a super blur cat....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know :)
    It is a slang we use here and I am being a super one lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where it came from. It is just common that we call each other a blur cat when we see signs of someone who is just so blur that he does not know what is happening around him.

    ReplyDelete