Sunday, December 10, 2006

Milly's Fun Book Thing


Milly blogged about this and here's mine:

The rules are:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!

HERE LIE THE EARTHLY REMAINS OF
JOHN BERRIDGE,
Late Vicar of Everton,
and an Itinerant Servant of Jesus Christ,
who loved His Master and His Work,
and after running on his errands many years
was called to wait on Him above.

READER,
Art thou born again?
No salvation without new birth!
I was born in sin, February 1716.

John Stott, Christ the Controversialist

Maeghan
Picture by Benjamin Earwicker

4 comments:

  1. Cool Maeghan, I'm going to have to blog this on a slow day. You should see what I get to type out, surrounded as I am by John's computer manuals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maeghan,

    I'm afraid that my current load of books don't go that far, like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and the giving tree. If I have spare time, I am reading to my beautiful girls.

    God Bless
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug,
    Your girls are so blessed with you as their dad :)

    ReplyDelete