Friday, November 03, 2006

A marathon week


This is a really busy week for me: Choral rehearsal on Monday, thankfully we had the Romans class cancelled on Tuesday, Worship Workshop on Wednesday, a crucially important meeting today, a Family Day organised by my firm tomorrow and Sunday School on Sunday. I know I did mention that I wanted to remove myself from the Sunday School ministry but I just didn't have the heart to do it.

And there was a lot of running around today too. I only got to sit down now and rest a bit and later I am off again for choir practice for the coming Christmas Musical, which at least I am looking forward to. We will be putting up a Christmas Musical this 15th and 16th December, a beautiful piece call Everlasting Light by Claire Cloninger and Mark Hayes.

Having not done any devotion today, I spend what time I have today meditating this glorious psalm.

Psalm 99
1 The LORD reigns;
... let the peoples tremble!
... He sits enthroned upon the cherubim;
... let the earth quake!
2 The LORD is great in Zion;
... he is exalted over all the peoples.
3 Let them praise your great and awesome name!
... Holy is he!
4 The King in his might loves justice.
... You have established equity;
... you have executed justice and righteousness in Jacob.
5 Exalt the LORD our God; worship at his footstool!
... Holy is he!
6 Moses and Aaron were among his priests,
... Samuel also was among those who called upon his name.
... They called to the LORD,
... and he answered them.
7 In the pillar of the cloud he spoke to them;
... they kept his testimonies and the statute that he gave them.
8 O LORD our God, you answered them;
... you were a forgiving God to them,
... but an avenger of their wrongdoings.
9 Exalt the LORD our God,
... and worship at his holy mountain;
... for the LORD our God is holy!

Maeghan
Picture by Carl Dwyer

4 comments:

  1. Brace yourself. I want to start a Psalms group blog. I will be posting about it soon. (As soon as I put up one or two more predestination posts.)

    I pray you find a little space and time! Praise the Lord for everything you are doing, though.

    Hang tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Psalm! It sounds like you enjoyed the great November 3 holiday ;) If I were there now, it would be over already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CP,
    A Psalms group blog - that will be great!

    It all turned out fine, by the good grace of God. I was not complaining :) it is good to be busy ... it is being alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia,
    Wish you were here :) but then again, maybe not ... it was such a hot day we were drenching in sweat :)

    ReplyDelete