Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bangkok Day 1: Walk, Walk and Walk


I flew Air Asia to Bangkok for an annual business conference today - my first Air Asia flight, very basic, very budget, so far so good.


What I missed out during my first trip to Bangkok, I manage to make it up this time round, we walked and walked and walked. Our first stop was to the malls, which did not quite interest me, since I can't well afford Prada's and Gucci's. Therefore, I made a pact with my friends - that in the next day to come, we go to places more affordable.


The highlight of the day was our trip to Chinatown for dinner. The food was downright Chinese. And good - we had sharkfin soup, steamed crabs, jellyfish which was simply delicious, fat barbequed prawns, cockles (I did not touch this one), fried rice, fried noodles which was out of this world and bird's nest soup complete with a huge gargantuan side dish of cholesterol.


After dinner, we went to the night street market in Saladang but it started to rain heavily. We took shelter in a building and ended up going for foot massage and Thai massage. Wonderful!

Maeghan
Pictures from www.smarttravelasia.com, www.bangkokhotell.com, www.riverviewchildrensfoundation.com, www.terragalleria.com

Posted on 10 Sept 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment