Thursday, August 17, 2006

I will be found by you



Jeremiah 29:11-14a
11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD,
... plans for wholeness and not for evil,
... to give you a future and a hope.
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me,
... and I will hear you.
13 You will seek me and find me.
... When you seek me with all your heart,
14 I will be found by you, declares the LORD.

I remembered someone, though I can't remember who, commented that we cannot use Jer 29:11-14 to freely apply it to our lives especially in confirming what we think God would have planned for us or as an answer our prayers. Not freely apply it, I would agree but the word of God still stands that He does know the plans He has for us, plans for good and not for disaster to give us a future and a hope in Him. When we call upon him and pray to him, He will hear, He will listen. When we seek Him, we will find Him, when do it with all our heart. Such is our God, how wonderful and awesome is He.

Maeghan
Picture by Alice Wycklendt

7 comments:

  1. Milly.... lol.....

    Maeghan,

    This is one of my wifes favorite scriptures. It tells her that we are never alone. We need too seek God, and he promises that we will find Him, and in doing so, see with our own eyes what he has in store for us.

    It is a beautiful concept, and I might add, you put up a beautiful picture. I remember when my girls were that small (I have a one year old so it is not that long ago.).

    God Bless
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! on yet another picture. That God places Himself where we can find Him, even when we are too young to do anything but flail and grab is beautiful. This picture just nails that image. Wow!

    I remembered someone, though I can't remember who, commented that we cannot use Jer 29:11-14 to freely apply it to our lives ...

    Someone was wrong.

    Of course, I believe God has planned the lives of each of those He knew He would save before he ever created a thing. If you don't believe that, I don't imagine you can believe this verse means what it says. But it does, as you pointed out beautifully.

    Maybe it's enough to say that God knows that when He puts His finger in front of our flailing hand, we will find Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's enough to say that God knows that when He puts His finger in front of our flailing hand, we will find Him.


    :-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug, CP,
    I too so love the picture! Great that you like the concept too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CP,
    Someone was wrong.

    Yeah, you may be right on that. But I take what that person said too. I think what he was trying to have us avoid is to apply God's word to ourselves too freely and too simply, confirming our own decisions we made for ourselves, rather than prayer and more prayer.

    ReplyDelete