Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Some NT Some OT

I purposefully did not bring my PC back today having completed my Romans presentation paper and so Calvin and I spent a nice evening reading the bible. There were no plans of what to read and so I just read as I went along.

We read the shortest book of the OT - Obadiah. Short but powerful. It is a letter written to the nation of Edom. Basically, it condemns Edom for not aiding their neighbour Israel when in need. Lesson: we may see our "enemies" in triumph for the moment, but not for all time.

We read the account of Zacchaeus and I commented that it would be quite an event to meet him in heaven! Calvin found that delightful.

We read Luke 19 and came to verse 26, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.' I told my son that once in awhile I use this verse to remind the worship team of the talents that God gave us that should be used in return for his glory. He has been practising his piano but not very happily. In fact, he moans and whines the whole time. I told him that God gives us various gifts and talents and the more we give it back to him in service, he will increase our talents but if we do not, even what we have will be taken away. He had his practice just now and surprisingly he went about it in a more relaxed and willing manner; and he had fun. I now remember what I said to him and I think it registered in him.

Maeghan
Picture by Luis Rock

1 comment:

  1. Maeghan,

    Cool thought... now if only I could be that motivated...rofl.

    God Bless
    doug

    ReplyDelete