Friday, June 02, 2006

This is the day that the Lord has made ...

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I was feeling moody the whole of this week. I know I had no reasons to, and I just can't seem to will myself to rejoice like I could before. But for whatever it's worth, I had a really good day today, and I thank the Lord.

I enjoyed my work at the office somehow and decided to take my lunch break with my parents and the kids, my son and my niece. It was a delight to see the sparkle in the kids' eyes, without a care in the world. The simplest of things delight them, and that is just the beauty of it.

I managed to get off work on time, without having to stay back and went shopping! So with my mom and the kids, it was a luxury that is long due for me.

What a wonderful day and I thank the Lord for his blessings of a great family.

To close the day I meditate again on Psalm 118, a beautiful psalm, a real antidote for stress.

Psalm 118 (New International Version)

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good
his love endures forever.

2 Let Israel say:
"His love endures forever."

3 Let the house of Aaron say:
"His love endures forever."

4 Let those who fear the LORD say:
"His love endures forever."

5 In my anguish I cried to the LORD,
and he answered by setting me free.

6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies.

8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.

9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.

10 All the nations surrounded me,
but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

11 They surrounded me on every side,
but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

12 They swarmed around me like bees,
but they died out as quickly as burning thorns;
in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the LORD helped me.

14 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.

15 Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The LORD's right hand has done mighty things!

16 The LORD's right hand is lifted high;
the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!"

17 I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

18 The LORD has chastened me severely,
but he has not given me over to death.

19 Open for me the gates of righteousness;
I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.

20 This is the gate of the LORD
through which the righteous may enter.

21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.

22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone;

23 the LORD has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.

24 This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

25 O LORD, save us;
O LORD, grant us success.

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.
From the house of the LORD we bless you.

27 The LORD is God,
and he has made his light shine upon us.
With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
up to the horns of the altar.

28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.

29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

Maeghan
Picture by Richard S

11 comments:

  1. Maeghan,

    It's okay if your moody, just put up more cool pics, like you used to. I really miss them :)

    -Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m moody too this week It must be the planets. This was very helpful thank you. I'mm off to the book store the dinner with friends. No kids or husband. Look a better mood love them. . but, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug,
    It was difficult to find relevant pics for Romans :) but for moodiness? there's definitely some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milly,
    Hmm ... the planets, eh? :)

    Look a better mood love them.

    Sorry? Didn't get you there.

    I'm off to my vocal lesson now, having it earlier to replace class while I am off for the church camp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His love endures forever - yes! We can't be reminded enough of that. Have a great weekend... You're already in Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia,
    Yup ... was just thinking about it :) that you all just turning in. A good weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maeghan,

    Sorry ,I was just liked being alone with books and friends. I do love my family but a break was needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Milly,
    Yeah ... I am with you 101% :)
    We love them with our lives but sometimes, it pays to have a break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how to do a trackback, Maeghan, but thank you for both these posts. It took a couple days, but they really touched my heart.

    Thank you,

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Codepoke,
    My "link to this post" went missing at one point of time and I have got it back it. So if you wanna trackback, I think it is possible now.

    Glad you found the posts meaningful for you as the psalm did me. Don't you think it is amazing that our own cries to God "are also" the Word of God.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you think it is amazing that our own cries to God "are also" the Word of God.

    Amen. That the Spirit chooses to cry to the Father for and/or through me is beautifully humbling.

    ReplyDelete