Tuesday, March 25, 2008

List of Fives
cc. Melissa, Julia, Kar Yong,
Reb, Kevin, Kansas Bob

Randi Jo tagged me and I thought this should be fun. So here goes:

What was I doing 10 years ago? March 1998
1. I was recuperating from the birth of our son on 20 Feb 1998
2. I was undergoing the confinement period in my in-law’s home
3. I was getting used to having someone to care for
4. I was learning how to bathe a tiny human being
5. I was breastfeeding

5 things on my to-do list today
1. Getting client reports out of the way: I was just commenting that I need a truckload of motivation to get myself moving to work on these reports
2. Drive Calvin to the center for his piano class this evening
3. Kick start on my stalled John assignments and get moving again
4. Did I mention all the reports I have to do?
5. All of the above

Snacks I enjoy
1. Ice cream
2. Cakes - butter, cheese, carrot, chocolate, spice.
3. Chocolate
4. Cheezels!!!
5. Tong sui (literally sugar water, Chinese sweet soups) particularly wheat, peanut, black sesame and black bean … yum yum!

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Build a library, hire a librarian and get all the theological and biblical related books and journals in the world
2. Open a kitchen-soup style restaurant for the old folks and needy
3. Open a restaurant cum cooking school ala Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen
4. Be a sponsor of Seminari Theoloji Malaysia!!! Definitely!!!
5. Invest and get another billion to do more of the above

Five of my bad habits
1. Buying books without a second thought
2. Playing with my hair – this is a really bad one for me
3. Thinking and listening at the same time, and ending up not listening at all, "Sorry, what did you just say?" (Calvin frowning at me now)
4. Reading the first couple of chapters of a book and starting on another thus abandoning the first one I started, or was it the second one already, or third?
5. I sing to myself and when at home, on top of my lungs!

Five places I have lived
1. My life started in Kuala Lumpur
2. I was in Pulau Pinang when I was 1 till I was 3
3. We then moved to Sungai Petani, Kedah, we stayed there till I was 8
4. Then we were in Klang till I was 16
5. I have been back in Kuala Lumpur since then

Five jobs I've had
1. After my Upper 6, I was a temporary English teacher in SMP Taman Petaling; that lasted for about 3 months and it was fun! I remember getting the students to explain in English how to tie a saree with a saree on hand.
2. During my break when I was in university, I worked as a vocational trainee in Diners Club, they made me shred documents and make calls to salvage card members who decided to cancel their cards – in short, I did what the staff there didn’t want to do
3. I worked as a Management Trainee in East Asiatic Company
4. I worked as an assistant in Cycle and Carriage Bintang Bhd
5. There were a few more but here I am, in HR consulting – something I thorough enjoying doing


I Tag
You are not obligated to do this but in the name of comradery, I hope you would:
1. Melissa - it is a great thing to come to know you, looking forward to see you this Saturday!
2. Julia - I know I still owe you a fridge photo!!! I am getting to it ...
3. Kar Yong - since you got out of the other meme! This should be easier, eh? And a test of your wit as well.
4. Reb - I had to tag you, I am quite curious if you are up to it ;) as long as you won't kill the cat
5. Codepoke - I know you are tough one to crack - I am still gearing up to face your onslaught of Calvinism but before that, care to reveal a bit of Kevin-istory?
6. Kansas Bob - I know I am to tag only 5 but I put you in for good measure because you are about the nicest blogger friend I have

pearlie

10 comments:

  1. Very cool Pearlie! :) Tong Sui - wow never heard of anything like that...neat! :)

    enjoyed reading about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi,
    I actually found an entry in wikipedia for tong sui! That was unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan (my other nicest blogger friend!),
    Glad you enjoyed it. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bookmarked this one and will try to respond to the tag this weekend when I have some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah....kena lagi - but very honoured for this. Will definitely respond...soon...soon....

    Someone mentioned that my blog lacks some personal stuff - so this would be a good one to fill the lacuna....

    ReplyDelete
  6. so, i got tagged also. 'tag' was a game we played a long time ago in a different manner.

    will give it a long shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted my response at my place.. hope you enjoy.. my answers were different than yours - did I fail the test :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I forgot to say how great it was reading and learning a bit more about you Pearlie. I also sing loud when no one is around - but don't tell anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. shhh ... hokay hi hwon't htell.

    ReplyDelete