Monday, March 24, 2008

Unconcious sins?

SH and I were debating about knowledge of sin in reference to Lev 5:3. I began reading Henri Blocher's Original Sin today and found some very interesting verses.

Psalm 19:12 (NASB)
Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults.

1 Corinthians 4:4 (NASB)
For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord.

Numbers 15:27-29 (NASB)
27 'Also if one person sins unintentionally, then he shall offer a one year old female goat for a sin offering. 28 'The priest shall make atonement before the LORD for the person who goes astray when he sins unintentionally, making atonement for him that he may be forgiven. 29 'You shall have one law for him who does anything unintentionally, for him who is native among the sons of Israel and for the alien who sojourns among them.

pearlie

1 comment:

  1. Luther was obsessed with this idea.. he would spend hours confessing his known sins the moments later would remember some more. I think that this is what framed his whole idea of justification by faith. I like what the amplified bible does to 1John 1:7 ...

    But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations].

    ... I like it because it seems to indicate that if we walk in the light of what we know then His blood takes care of the sin we don't know.

    ReplyDelete